Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting into the spirit of Christmas


So, I have been getting various magazine subscriptions from the previous tenants of our apt here, among which was a Food & Family Magazine that had all kinds of yummy Christmas recipes in it! Super easy ones too... so I went nuts with the holiday treats the other day... here is a pic of the end product. I definately shouldn't be eating this much sugar, so I made up plates for the girls I VT.
I made fudge, truffles, peanut butter bars, and white chocolate raspberry cheescake bars... mmm mm good!


Also, we found a place to tuck our tiny Christmas tree into our cramped apt. Kinda works out nice that we have such a small tree! I love having the Christmas tree lights on at night.. brings the calm Christmas spirit into our home.












And the only place I could fit my nativity set is on our kitchen table! (No biggie- we never use it anyway!) I love this nativity. My mom bought it for me last Christmas.. I love how the characters have real materials on them for clothes and accents. I think its so important to have the Nativity set up every year to remind us why we even have Christmas in the first place... I love the Lord so much and I wish more people in the world would realize the real meaning of Christmas. My life would be so different if I had never learned about Jesus' life and example.. I hope I can live my life somewhere close to the extent he lived his.

2 comments:

Adam Amy Wes said...

Why do you torture me with your yummy Christmas treats!!! :) some of us need to lose our baby weight still! :) j/k You look absolutely adorbale prego by the way. Hope it's going good!

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

My husband is jealous. Can't wait until we have our own kitchen again. I also love the feel of Christmas when the tree is lit up at night in the room. I miss having our tree up this year. NEXT YEAR.... (We'll both have babies then) how much fun will that be???