Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just an Update...

So, I thought I'd give alittle update on our little life over here in Las Vegas...
Currently I am packing up all our stuff because we are moving to a different apartment. Its on the north side of town, about a half hour away. We wanted a newer and bigger place, cheaper rent, and to be closer to all our friends. We are actually going to be in our best friends, Aaron and Jens, ward. So we're excited about that! Packing is definately NOT fun- but I'm excited to move into our new place!
Travis has been working for a new Heating and A/C company- selling units for them. He's been in the industry for about 3 or 4 months now and hasnt made much money at it so far. Sales are really slow right now because its not scorching hot outside anymore. Trav's had to work 14 hour days, first half of the day at ARS (A/C Company) and the second half of the day at CRS (Alarm Company). I know, its funny how their names are so similar. We have alot of faith that working for ARS will be worth it in the long run- because sales sky-rocket during the summer when it gets hot. So, we are wading it out through the winter until then. We've prayed about it and felt good about it.. I just think we'll have to be patient until next summer.
Xander has been growing so fast.. although he's still not crawling yet, he is on his way. He gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. Personally, I prefer he not crawl until I am all moved into our new place because there is stuff everywhere! He has 2 teeth coming in on the bottom, and his hair is starting to get long. We love him and love watching him grow.
As for me, I am sad to be leaving my "position" as YW 2nd Counselor in our ward. I have always wanted to be in YW, and now we are leaving.. oh well. It was so fun to get to know my Beehives and be "kid" again :)

2 comments:

Amanda Tippetts said...

I think it's a bummer to leave callings when you are enjoying them, but hopefully you can be in YW again! It is fun. 2009 is the first year that Jason and I haven't moved but I guess we still have until December... Good luck with Travis' new job. Sales seem really hard right now. I hope it works out!

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

WE ARE THRILLED you moved into our Ward. It makes it so much fun having you there. (Although we need to keep an eye on our cell phone playing husbands in sacrament) LOL....

I think Travis will do well at his new job. It seems as though things were picking up for him the last couple of weeks. Sometimes when I hear the high commissions it makes me want to make Aaron get back into it although I can't make Aaron do any job. He just needs to find something he likes soon b/c this job changing is killing me.